Thursday, May 20, 2010

First Post!



Well...after many suggestions by friends....I have started a blog! For those of you who don't know me, I'm a semi-SAHM of a one year old girl. I started sewing and got hooked on it very quickly! I've started doing custom pieces for friends and family and am embroidering (monograms and appliques) also! I am having a blast! Prior to now, I have just been sewing and embroidering for friends and family, but I am looking forward to branching out!

Let me know should you need anything monogrammed or embroidered! I currently am using Monag shirts, bibs, baby gowns and rompers. The are good, thick cotton pieces. You can view them at http://www.monagkids.com/. If you see something on the site that I don't carry, I will be happy to include it in my next order. Just shoot me an email at katearoos@hotmail.com.
Most of my applique designs are from www.appliquecafe.com or www.embroidery-boutique.com. If you see something on these sites or others that you like, just shoot me an email. If I don't have the particular design, I may be able to get it.

Boys tshirts with an applique start at $15 and girls start $18. I know...girls shirts are more, but they are the cute ones with ruffles! I am looking into getting some girls shirts without ruffles that would start at $15 each. Gowns start at $19 and bibs start at $8. Add a name or monogram for $5.

I am happy to monogram or applique on a shirt provided by you. A monogram or applique on your shirt starts at $8 and adding a name or monogram to an applique is generally $5.

If you sew or have someone that sews for you, but need something embroidered, just let me know. I would prefer to embroider prior to the outfit being assembled, but that is up to you. In this case, a monogram or applique starts at $8 and you can add a name or monogram to an applique usually for $5.

Please also let me know if you would like for me to make a custom piece. When I post a pic of a custom piece, I will include the price. If you see an outfit and I can get my hands on the pattern, I can probably make it. Shoot me an email and I can tell you for sure.
My next post will have pics of fabrics I have available. If you have a particular fabric in mind or want specific colors but don't see something in my pics that you like, please don't hesitate to let me know. I am happy to grab new fabrics when I go to the fabric stores (I'm there more than I should be!).
Thank you for this opportunity!
Nita

No comments:

Post a Comment